Friday, January 2, 2009

first day of the rest of my life

Ok, so i don't go in for cheesy sayings, but it works.

2008 was not the best year for me, but it sure wasn't the worst. I didn't lose my job, didn't lose my house, didn't lose my car. I still have great friends, a good job, money to spend and things to do. Like the quintessential suburbanite, i found something was missing. What, you ask, could I POSSIBLY be missing? Well, that's just the thing that makes it so hard. I have no idea what I'm missing and it sucks. A lot. For fear of sounding whiny or ungrateful, I will not go on. I think you get the picture. So now I've identified a few solid areas that have been built on shifting ground, and I fully intend to make them upright by rebuilding things. No, really.

I have two intentions for this blog:

#1 - So I can remember this time in my life and tricks that I used to get through it
#2 - So I can share my experience with you.

I'm of course going to post as often as possible, and maybe even every day, but I've learned not to make promises I can't keep.

Please feel free to make comments, encouragements or funny quips. I'm not one to ask for help or support, but I am making up for all those times I should have. Please friends, spread the love.

Current music: Marvin Gaye - "What's Going On"

No comments:

Post a Comment