Saturday, January 3, 2009

"caught you knockin on my cellar door..."

I forgot to start my eating plan today. OK, didn't "forget", just didn't do it. I'm scared for some stupid reason. Even though I've done this before I'm hesitant this time. But I KNOW I can do it. Again, it's just the being prepared part. Today I spent a lot of the day doing stupid things that weren't on my list of things to do that would be productive. I luckily cleaned up the kitchen and am gathering up all the things in the kitchen that I will not be able to eat.

Before I go to bed tonight I'm going to get a few recipes together and shop for them after work tomorrow. There is no use putting this all off. I need to take a stand for my health. I'm just having a hard time finding my solid ground to stand on...

Why am I my own worst enemy? I guess that's what makes us stronger - standing up to ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the part about being scared, especially when it's about such a dramatic change. But you know in a week you'll be like 'What was the big deal?' :)
    Oh! And last night I was reading a book that my counselor assigned to me, and one of the paragraphs started out with this sentence: "Real repentence means that you see your biggest problems is you, not your circumstances." Your last two sentences express a similar sentiment, and that's true maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the scariest part is realizing you are the problem and not your circumstances. it's scarier than lucille bluth after a face lift. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete